Contact Olen Johnsen - Executive Director
The Boundary Waters National Forest and the adjacent Superior State Forest provide some of the best canoeing in the whole country. Located in northern Minnesota, about 8 hours from Chicago.
What is it like?
Canoeing at the Boundary Waters brings you out into the wilderness. Paddling through lakes and down small rivers brings you to your campsites. To continue your tour you portage your canoe and equipment down the trail to the next lake or river. Campsites are primitive, but the views of the night skies are unsurpassed. The fishing is excellent, often providing part of dinner.
Group Sizes and Fees
- Group size ranges from 5-40.
- Canoe trips start at $142 per person.
- Full price list is available on our web site.
- Price does not include transportation or parking fees.
- Participants must be able to swim with a life jacket.
- Boundary waters trips require a strenuous portage.
- Children should be at least in 4th grade.
- Wisconsin river trips are less strenuous and may be suitable for people with physical limitations.
"Our times of morning quiet time and camp fire devotionals met our group’s needs."