Contact Olen Johnsen - Executive Director
We run trips on the Wisconsin river as it flows through south western Wisconsin. At this point it is a wide gently moving river with large sand bars and wooded islands. Starting place is approximately 3 hours from Chicago.
What is it like?
We will start on the river at one of the many boat launches, then we will paddle/float downstream heading for the first camping spot. Upon arrival at a camping spot the group will all work together to set their tents, store the canoes properly, and get camp prepared. The trip guides will assist in camp set up and begin to prepare the evening meal. The next day the group will head to the next camp spot, enjoying a great day on the river. The sandbars are great for ultimate frisbee, the river has good fishing, and the wooded islands make great camping areas with plenty of wood for great campfires.
Group Sizes and Fees
- Group size ranges from 5-40.
- Canoe trips start at $142 per person.
- Full price list is available on our web site.
- Price does not include transportation or parking fees.
- Participants must be able to swim with a life jacket.
- Boundary waters trips require a strenuous portage.
- Children should be at least in 4th grade.
- Wisconsin river trips are less strenuous and may be suitable for people with physical limitations.
"I thought that the trip provided us with the right balance of spiritual challenge, team building, and devotional reflection"