Trail Rides Details
A trail ride is a great opportunity to enjoy horses, nature, and your friends and family. A trail ride typically consists of:
- A 10 minute introduction with safety instructions and techniques for guiding your horse.
- Mounting the horses and preparing to ride.
- A 30 to 40 minute ride through our pastures and woodland trails.
- Returning to the hitching post and dismounting.
Trail Rides Fees
Our guests who are participating in a Retreat or Outdoor Education Program, can have a great trail ride during their stay. The reservations and ride time will be arranged by the group leader. The cost for trail rides for guest groups is half price- $15 per person.Groups or families from the community can enjoy a trail ride by reservation.
Please make note of the following conditions.
- The cost for a trail ride is $30 per person per 45 min.
- Every rider must have a liability release signed. If rider is a minor it must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- All riders for must be at least 9 years old.
- Minimum riders is 5, maximum is 8. Groups over 8 will be split into two groups, waiting group is welcome to use our garden with canopy for calm activites.
- Helmets are provided for all riders, though participants may bring their own ASTM/SEI approved riding helmets. Our staff will check and approve helmet before riding.
- Riders must be able to mount horses with very minimal assistance from staff.
For more information or to schedule an activity with our Horsemanship Program, please contact Horsemanship Director, Krista Mayer at 262-363-6940.